Main Article Content
Artificial intelligence is rapidly transforming our way of living and using resources. It is also playing an important role in making our buildings smart and more efficient but smart buildings are still not functioning properly and producing high energy output because of lack of user awareness, unnecessary use of technology in areas where it’s not required and lack of technology at the same time. This research paper presents a comprehensive and significant research conducted on the impact of intelligent control systems for energy and comfort management in smart buildings. There are inherent difficulties with expectations for smart buildings and with making them viable; and with definitions and roles of ‘users’ in smart buildings. This study considers what a smart building might be and the problems that smart buildings might address. Methods to solve and overcome these problems. By studying international case studies, user experiences and arising questionnaires a detailed analysis has been done. Automation is simply a tool and real significance lies in how we use these tools and techniques.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
- Clarke, G., 2002. A Soft-Computing based Distributed Artificial Intelligence Architecture for Intelligent Buildings. Soft Computing agents: New Trends for Designing Autonomous Systems, Volume 75, pp. 117-145.
- Rahul Reddy Nadikattu, " CONTENT ANALYSIS OF AMERICAN & INDIAN COMICS ON INSTAGRAM USING MACHINE LEARNING", International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT), ISSN:2320-2882, Volume.2, Issue 3, pp.86-103, September 2014
- Cudzik, J., 2018. Artificial Intelligence Aided Architectural Design. AI for design and built environment, Volume 1, pp. 77-84.
- Darby, S. J., 2017. Smart technology in the home: time for more clarity. Building Research & Information, Volume 46:1, pp. 140-147.
- Dounis, A. I., 1992. Implementation of artificial intelligence techniques in thermal comfort control for passive solar buildings. Energy Conversion Management, 33(3), pp. 175-182.
- Dounis, A. I., 2010. Artificial intelligence for energy conservation in buildings. Advances in Building Energy Research, Volume 4, pp. 267-299.
- Grabiner, J. V., 1984. Artificial Intelligence: Debates about Its Use and Abuse. Historia Mathematica , Volume 11, pp. 471-480
- Rahul Reddy Nadikattu, "THE EMERGING ROLE OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN MODERN SOCIETY", International Journal of Creative Research Thoughts (IJCRT), ISSN:2320-2882, Volume.4, Issue 4, pp.906-911, December 2016
- Haymaker, J. R., 2011. Opportunities for AI to Improve Sustainable Building Design Processes. Palo Alto, Design Process Innovation.
- Kapadiya, I. A., 2015. A critical literature review on intelligent building and environmental issues in high rise buildings in metro areas in india. Journal of international academic research for multidisciplinary, 2(12), pp. 97-113.
- King, J., 2017. Smart Buildings: Using Smart Technology to Save Energy in Existing Buildings, America: American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
- Narayanan, R., 2017. Artificial intelligence challenge- future "SMART"workforce, s.l.: s.n.
- Wang, Z., 2012. Intelligent Multiagent Control System for Energy and Comfort Management in Smart and Sustainable Buildings. IEEE Transactions on Smart Grid , Volume 3, pp. 605-616.